Learn how to get around an InDesign document—zooming in and out and moving between pages.
- [Voiceover] To feel confident in InDesign,…you need to be able to navigate your documents easily.…Firstly, if you have more than one document open,…you can switch between them…by clicking the name on the tab bar.…So that we have some practice…in working with a multi-page document,…I'm gonna switch to this one, History of Art.…There are many ways to zoom in and out on your page.…Here are my favorites.…I'm in my Selection tool, and I'm gonna double-click…on this text frame, to make an insertion point.…I'll now press Command or Control + 2…to jump to 200% view.…
Once you're at an enlarged view,…if you wish to move around, at that view size,…here's a shortcut.…Hold down the Option or Alt key and the Spacebar,…and then click and drag your page around.…That's equivalent to choosing the Hand tool.…Which of course you can do,…it's just more efficient to use the shortcut.…So that's Option and Spacebar, or Alt and Spacebar.…I should mention that, in some contexts,…you can use Alt or Spacebar, Option or Spacebar,…but I use both together,…
Author and designer Nigel French explains how to set up an "editorial workspace" that puts the tools you need most at close reach. He then moves on to selecting and editing text in InDesign: changing case, adding special characters, formatting lists, and inserting breaks. He also shows how to use the Story Editor, Notes, and the Track Changes feature, and explains how InDesign documents are constructed, so that you can edit them with more confidence.
- Opening and saving InDesign documents
- Creating an editorial workspace
- Using guides and nonprinting visual aids
- Selecting and editing text
- Changing case
- Accessing special characters
- Working with bulleted and numbered lists
- Checking spelling
- Working with Notes and Track Changes
- Understanding the underlying structure of an InDesign file
- Controlling text breaks
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
Creative Spark: Grammar Girl, Changing Writing One Word at a Timewith Mignon Fogarty10m 8s Appropriate for all
1. The InDesign Environment
2. Editing Text
3. Editorial Panels and Features
4. How InDesign Documents Are Constructed
5. Controlling Text Breaks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.