How to set a bulleted (unordered) list, including a multi-level numbered list
- [Voiceover] Bullets and numbered lists.…Firstly, lets make a bullet list.…I'm gonna select this text frame,…double click to insert my type cursor in there,…and all of these paragraphs are gonna be bulleted.…So I'll just work on one of them.…I will optional alt click on the bullets and…numbering icon on the paragraph formats…of the control panel.…My list type I'll change to bullets.…I can choose one of these bullet characters…or add one from another font.…
I'm gonna add one from Wingdings,…and the one after is just the solid square.…I'll add that, click "okay," choose that.…I'll go with the suggestion of having a tab…between the bullet and the text.…I'll apply a pre-defined character style…to the bullet character.…That's gonna make it orange.…And then I will set up a hanging indent.…And I'll do this by indenting my text on the left,…about the size of the type.…
In my case, my type is 16 points.…So I'm gonna indent it by 16 points,…and I'll make the first line indent negative 16 points.…Now I'll come to my paragraph styles,…
To get the most from this course, make sure to watch InDesign Typography Part 1.
- Text flow and text threading
- Placeholders and text frames
- Type alignment
- Indents, insets, and spacing
- Bullet and numbered lists
- Text wrap
- Formatting with styles
- Hyphenation and line breaks
- Combining typefaces
- White space and grids
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Text Flow
3. Indents, Insets, and Spacing
4. Typical Formatting Scenarios
5. Global Formatting with Styles
6. Controlling Text
7. Design Considerations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.