Learn how incorporate bullets into a paragraph style.
- [Instructor] Bullet lists are an important aspect…of formatting that can be controlled…through Paragraph Styles.…I'll recreate a typical example.…Let's zoom in on this text.…On the right-hand side, we have the finished version,…and I'm going to recreate that.…So I'm going to click into the text on the left,…then come to my Paragraph Styles,…create a new Paragraph Style based upon this.…Option or Alt, click on Create New Style.…I'll give this style a name.…I'm going to call it bullet1.…Come to my Bullets and Numbering,…the List Type will be Bullets.…
This is going to add the Bullet Character.…I can choose what Bullet Character I want.…And if I don't see it here, I can come and add it.…I can use any character…from any of my installed font families.…After the bullet, I currently have a tab.…That's what I want.…I have these other options.…But because I want my bullet to be a hanging indent,…a tab is preferable.…A bullet list is like a Nested Style.…You can choose a Character Style…to apply to the Bullet Character.…
So I'm going to come and choose one of my Character Styles,…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.