Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Building an interactive table of contents, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
A table of contents provides clear and simple navigation in your document.…Unfortunately, since they usually reside at the beginning of your publication,…it can be an inconvenience to navigate back to find the correct page that…you're looking for.…Easy access to the rest of your document via a mini table of contents is only a…click away when you use buttons and hyperlinks.…Here in our document we're going to be creating a table of contents for the…bottom of our page, and we're going to go to the A master page.…We'll double-click and we're going to zoom in down here.…I'm going to select Explore California and when I want to happen is when the…user clicks on this button they're going to be jumping to page 2, where…Explore California lives.…
So if I come over to the Button panel, and I add an Action that says Go To Page,…that really wouldn't work, because this is SWF Only.…I want to this action to work both in SWFs and PDFs.…So I am going to be using the option called Go To Destination.…Unfortunately, I don't have any destination made right now, and I need to create those.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.