Discover how to ensure that the last baseline of type sits exactly on the bottom margin in InDesign.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'm going to show you … how to perfectly bottom out your text columns. … A common problem that arises when working … with a baseline grid is that the last baseline … of your type doesn't sit exactly on the bottom margin, … and we can see that's the case here. … We have a little bit of extra space. … Now at the end of the day this really doesn't matter. … Nobody's going to see these guidelines … when the document is printed. … But, it's a nice thing to achieve … and it's an easy thing to achieve. … The first approach, and I'm going to show you three, … is to measure this space. … So I will zoom in to a very large view size, … with my rectangle frame tool, draw a frame in that space. … I will note its height and I'm going to copy that value. … I'll now come and delete the frame, … and then I'll press command or control j … to go to page and type a to go to my a master page. … It's on my master page spread that … I want to make this change so that … it will affect all of my document pages. …
- Why grids matter
- Setting up a modular grid
- Determining margins, page size, and aspect ratio
- Creating a baseline grid
- Creating a cap height grid
- Text wraps and grids
- Object styles and grid
- Using the Gridify feature
- Breaking your grid with images
- Shaping text frames
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. Grids: An Overview
2. Setting Up a Grid
3. Using a Baseline Grid in InDesign
4. Grid-Related InDesign Tools and Features
5. Breaking the Grid
6. Third-Party Grid Tools
Grid Calculator Pro6m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.