Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Begin with a template, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- Now that you have some general background…in InDesign scripting concepts,…we're going to put this knowledge to…use and write our first script,…a script we'll call "setup."…This script will set a whole bunch…of preferences and defaults for the…active document just the way that…you like them.…Now, there's no sense starting each…script from scratch.…I almost always start my…scripts with a template.…Open the 06_01 New script template,…edit that in the toolkit.…This is a template that I recommend you…start with.…
We're going to begin by saving this…with a new name.…So choose "file save as."…And let's just call this "setup.jsx"…And just save this into the same folder…as the original.…This template is useful for scripts that…require an InDesign file to be open for…the script to function.…You wouldn't use this for a script that…is written to process a bunch of InDesign files…at once, or a script that's intended to work…on a selection.…We're going to begin by looking…at the comments at the top of…this template.…
The first line, whatever you put after…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.