Copy, cut, and paste as well as Paste Without Formatting and drag and drop editing.
- [Voiceover] Here are some fundamental…text editing techniques in InDesign.…With my Selection Tool I'll double-click in my text frame…to make an insertion point and then press cmd or ctrl + 2…to jump to a 200% view.…If I make a selection I will now have…access to Cut, Copy, and Paste under the Edit menu.…And these all have the standard shortcuts…Command or Control + X, Command or Control + C,…Command or Control + V, respectively.…You can also right-click on your page…and you'll see them on a context-sensitive menu.…
Now in addition there is also this one,…Paste without Formatting.…And this can be very useful if you've received edits…by E-mail or in a Word DOC, for example,…and the formats of the edits are completely different.…You just want to use the content.…So if I switch now to Word,…here I have a change that I want to input.…I'm going to select that text and copy it.…Come to my InDesign document…and that needs to replace this text.…
Now in the previous movie I said…if you're selecting a paragraph always use four clicks,…
Author and designer Nigel French explains how to set up an "editorial workspace" that puts the tools you need most at close reach. He then moves on to selecting and editing text in InDesign: changing case, adding special characters, formatting lists, and inserting breaks. He also shows how to use the Story Editor, Notes, and the Track Changes feature, and explains how InDesign documents are constructed, so that you can edit them with more confidence.
- Opening and saving InDesign documents
- Creating an editorial workspace
- Using guides and nonprinting visual aids
- Selecting and editing text
- Changing case
- Accessing special characters
- Working with bulleted and numbered lists
- Checking spelling
- Working with Notes and Track Changes
- Understanding the underlying structure of an InDesign file
- Controlling text breaks
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 35m Beginner
Creative Spark: Grammar Girl, Changing Writing One Word at a Timewith Mignon Fogarty10m 8s Appropriate for all
1. The InDesign Environment
2. Editing Text
3. Editorial Panels and Features
4. How InDesign Documents Are Constructed
5. Controlling Text Breaks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.