- Here we are confronted with a placed Word document…that has a lot of extra garbage characters in it…that we wanna delete or we wanna change.…For example, there are multiple examples…of too many returns after paragraphs.…We also have two spaces after periods, ooh.…Instead of em dashes and en dashes, we have hyphens.…We have things that are being lined up by Tab runs.…Now, I showed how to clean this up using Find/Change,…in a previous video, but I wanted to alert you…that there is a free script built into InDesign…that will do all those Find/Changes in one fell swoop.…
All you need to do is double-click the Script.…It's fantastic.…Let me zoom out to fit in window.…If you created a custom EPUB work space,…like I showed earlier in this title, you would have included…the Scripts panel, which I did down here.…So, if you don't see Scripts in your dock, you can go ahead…and open it from the Window menu, in Utilities is…where it's hiding these days, and choose Scripts.…I'm going to drag this out of the dock,…so it's easier to look at.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.