Retain the local formats you want and purge those that you don't with the help of Find/Change.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'll show you how to use…Find/Change to automate the application…of paragraph styles and character styles.…Let's imagine I've placed a Word document…supplied by my client.…My client, well-intentioned, has called out…various parts of the text in bold and in color.…I want to retain the text that's called out in cyan…and I want to remove all the magenta and bold formatting.…In addition, I want all the text to be the same size.…I'm going to use Find/Change to convert certain…local formatting to a character style,…while removing other unwanted formats.…
I'll come and select all of the text, and as a first step,…apply the body style to it.…We see that we have overwrites as indicated…by the plus next to the style name.…Now if I clear the overwrites by coming and clicking…on the clear overwrites button, that will wipe out…all the local formatting, that that I want to keep,…and that that I want to discard.…So I'm going to undo that, and instead,…I'll come to the edit menu and choose Find/Change.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.