Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Annual report case study: Unitus, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Unitus is a nonprofit organization that fights global poverty by helping people…with micro-financing.…Like all public organizations, they are required to provide an annual report.…They have forgone printing and mailing the reports and instead are producing…them digitally as printable PDFs in an interactive SWF.…Both of these were produced in part with InDesign.…On this page, we can find links to Unitus's annual reports over the years.…Let's take a look at their Flash annual report for 2008.…The 2008 Annual Report was produced with InDesign CS4.…It began its life in InDesign and was transferred to Flash where the…interactivity was added.…
In CS5, we could re-create most of what we see here without having to use Flash.…On the right-hand side, we have a navigation system with a series of buttons.…When we click Begin, it will take us through the document.…As we click the arrows, it will bring us to various pages within the PDF.…Here we have a play button to watch a movie.…(Male Speaker: I just got back from a trip to Kenya, which was very much focused on of the regions) …
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.