Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating on a motion path, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far, we've learned how to create a series of animations form motion presets,…which are pre-built animations with some configurable options.…But what if you want an object to moving away that isn't listed in the Animation panel?…If you want to have direct control over the path of an object's motion, we can…create a motion path.…On this page, we're going to grab the Zoom tool and zoom down to these flies.…I want to have these flies flying around the Pocket Mulch.…To do that, we are going to create a motion path.…I am going to grab my Pencil tool and tap D on my keyboard to switch to my…default fill and stroke.…
This way I won't have a fill, and I'll have a black stroke.…Now for this fly, I am going to draw a line that I want the fly around.…So I am going to start by the fly and click and drag and just draw a nice little…loop from the fly around.…Next, I am going to grab my Selection tool and click and drag to select both…the fly and the path.…Inside my Animation panel, I am going to go to the panel menu and choose…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.