Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Anchoring objects into a text flow, part of InDesign CS6 to HTML.
In the last movie, we started ordering the content in this layout using InDesign's…Articles panel to get the order of content we want in our exported HTML.…And we ran into the problem that the main body…for this article is a continuous, uninterrupted flow of text.…And if I want to add something like this pull quote…or this group of images here on the pasteboard within the copy,…I can't just add them after the main flow of content in the articles panel because…they'll show up At the end of the story, and that's not really where I want them.…
What I need to do is to work these items into my flow of text.…And the only way to do that is to anchor the…objects within the body copy wherever I want them to appear.…So let's start with this pull quote.…Right now the pull quote is resting above my body copy…frame, and its text wrap is pushing away the text.…And let's say I wanted this pull quote to actually appear in line with…this paragraph on my webpage, and have the paragraph wrap around the pull quote.…
My CSS will handle the formatting, but that's the location I want it to be in.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.