Learn how to incorporate anchored object options into an object style.
- [Narrator] In this movie I'll show how…to control the position of anchored objects…with object styles.…In this layout, I want the placement of images…to be relative to the text.…And I want the images to move with the text…when I move the text frames.…You can see that's currently not happening.…So I've got to zoom in to the top left,…and select this first instance.…I'll make this look how I want it to look.…I'll create an object style based upon it…and then apply that object style to the other images.…
Firstly, I want to address the picture fitting.…Right click.…Come to fitting.…And to frame fitting options.…And fitting will be fill frame proportionally…from the center point.…Crop amount of zero.…Next, I'm going to drag from this square at the top right…to the front of the text and that's going…to anchor the frame within the text frame,…when we see this anchored marker…at the beginning of the text.…To get to my anchored object options,…I will ALT click on the anchor symbol.…
Because I'm working with a facing pages spread,…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.