- In this movie, I'll show you how to adjust alignment,…indent and before spacing of entire paragraphs at a time.…When styling text in InDesign, you want to keep in mind…that there are two categories of formatting attributes.…We have the character level formatting attributes,…which affect selected characters of type,…so in other words, if one word in a paragraph…is selected, you're going to style that one word,…that single word, independently of…the deselected words in the paragraph.…
Examples of character-level formatting attributes…include font, type style, type size and leading.…In other words, everything we've seen so far.…Now we're going to take a look at…paragraph-level formatting attributes,…which affect entire paragraphs at a time,…even if those paragraphs are just partially selected.…Examples of these include alignment,…indent and before spacing,…all of which we'll see in this movie.…I'll go ahead and switch over to this document here.…
Currently we're only seeing the visible characters,…which may seem like a strange thing to say,…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.