Learn how to sync row gutters with your baseline grid in Adobe InDesign.
- In a previous movie, … I showed how we can make sure … that the row guides and the baseline grid increment … are in sync. … To do that, if you're not willing to change … your letting value, … you have to change your top and bottom margins. … And the number of permutations that you have … is somewhat limited, … so if you are willing to change your letting value, … then you have a lot more flexibility. … Here's what I mean. … So I'm going to come to my Create Guides, … once again, I'm on my master page spread here … so that these guides would be added to … all of my document pages. … And I'll have eight rows … and twelve columns, … with the guides fitted to the margins. … And you can see that, … with my current letting value, … the row gutters do not sync up … with the baseline grid. … Well, how can we make that happen … without changing the margins? … So in the previous example I used, … I had 55 lines. … And it's 55 is the number that I want to work with. … 55 take away seven (for the number of row gutters) …
- Why grids matter
- Setting up a modular grid
- Determining margins, page size, and aspect ratio
- Creating a baseline grid
- Creating a cap height grid
- Text wraps and grids
- Object styles and grid
- Using the Gridify feature
- Breaking your grid with images
- Shaping text frames
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. Grids: An Overview
2. Setting Up a Grid
3. Using a Baseline Grid in InDesign
4. Grid-Related InDesign Tools and Features
5. Breaking the Grid
6. Third-Party Grid Tools
Grid Calculator Pro6m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.