Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting guides across all pages, part of Introducing InDesign.
- In this movie, I'll show you how to establish…regular, ruler and column guides…across all pages of a document.…Now the first thing I want to do…is get rid of all these arbitrary guideline modifications…that I assigned in a previous movie.…And to do that, I'll go up to the File menu…and choose the Revert command,…which is going to restore the saved version…of the document.…As soon as you choose that command,…InDesign is going to warn you…that you're going to lose all of those changes…since you last saved the file.…
Which in my case is just fine.…So I'll click on the Yes button…to restore that original eight page empty document.…Now, anytime you want to make changes…to all pages in a document,…you have to modify what's known…as the master pages.…And the purpose of a master page is to house…any objects that are going to occur…over and over throughout your document.…To get to the master page, drop down to this page number…in the lower left corner of the window…and click the down-pointing arrowhead…in order to bring up the popup menu,…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.