- I've been doing this InDesign to EPUB course…since Cs4.…That's a bunch of versions ago.…And I have to tell you that…what gets easier and easier with every version…is how to embed video in your EPUB files.…Not only because InDesign has added features…that make it easier to bring in and manipulate video…in an InDesign file,…but also because the EPUB standard itself…has progressed to EPUB 3.0…and a pretty wide adoption of that standard…around the world…with e-reader devices and software.…
And the support for video and audio…within EPUB 3 is part and parcel…of the specification.…What we're going to bring into this layout…is this short movie that I made in Italy…when I was traveling there on business,…yes, business,…earlier this year…and notice that it's .MOV,…and this is right out of my iPhone,…and .MOV is a very common…video format.…Another video format that's supported…is .MP4.…As long as a video is encoded with…H.264…I know that's very geeky,…but it's a very common encoding for video…then it will work in EPUB 3.0.…
So I'm going to jump back…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.