Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a stop command and testing the movie, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
After opening a FLA that was exported from InDesign, we need to test the file to…see how well it works.…InDesign has a Preview panel, but with Flash we need to test the movie.…Testing a movie is a quick export in the background.…It is pretty much the same process as using the preview panel inside in InDesign.…To test the movie inside Flash, we need to go to the Control menu and go to Test Movie > Test.…We can also hit Command+Return on the Mac or Ctrl+Enter on the PC.…When you test your movie for the first time, you receive a warning about a…text language error.…Don't worry about this. The end user will never see this and it just refers to…the fact that we're using a brand-new text engine.…
We are going to hit Don't show again, and then click OK and we never going to…have to worry about this error.…As soon as we test the movie, the screen is going to be flashing like crazy.…The current movie is just playing like a quick flipbook,…flashing from slide to slide to slide.…This really is unusable to the end-user.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.