Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding semantic markup, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- Adding semantic markup for accessibility.…It sounds very geeky, doesn't it.…But actually all it means is adding a few…behind-the-scenes tags, kind of like meta information,…to parts of your book before you export it to EPUB,…that make it easier for people with visual problems…to read the e-book with a screen reader.…It also future proofs, to some extent, your EPUBs.…Meaning that as technology advances and…EPUB readers are able to dig in to this kind of…varied meta information, they could add more features,…assuming that you remembered to add that meta information.…
So that's what semantic markup means,…it means adding meta information identifying…parts of your e-book,…and accessibility refers to making it easier…for people with visual problems to read the e-book.…There are a number of ways that we can add…semantic markup in InDesign,…and a couple of them I want to talk about in this video.…One you may have already noticed.…When you export an InDesign file to EPUB,…in Adobe Digital Editions, you have been…seeing this little section called Landmarks.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.