Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding hyperlinks to text, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
A clickable hyperlink within text is about…the most basic form of interactivity on any…webpage and just about the only interactivity…you can include in an InDesign HTML export.…In this movie we'll take a look at how to…set up a simple text based email and web based hyperlink.…In this sample file we have just a single text frame…with a paragraph of text that happens to include references to both…an email address and a URL.…When we export to HTML, we want those to be working hyperlinks.…
So the first thing I'm going to do is select all of the email address,…firstname.lastname@example.org, and from the hyperlinks panel menu, which if you don't…already have it open you can get to from Window Interactive > Hyperlinks.…I'm going to choose New Hyperlink.…Now there are a number of ways to get hyperlinks created in InDesign.…Some of them are meant to speed up the process for you.…New Hyperlink from URL will automatically create a hyperlink from…the selected URL and apply it To the selected text.…
It's faster, but it doesn't allow you access to all of the options.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.