Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding colors from a swatch library, part of InDesign: Color.
- In the last movie I talked about…how to make color swatches,…but I kind of glossed over the various color libraries…that ship with InDesign, like the Pantone…or TRUMATCH libraries.…Let's take a moment to look over those now.…In Illustrator, you have to open a separate panel…to get to those libraries,…but here you just open the Swatches panel…and then create a new color swatch,…and then choose one from the Color Mode popup menu.…There are a few super important things…to remember when working with these color libraries.…
First, if you don't know what one of these libraries is,…you probably shouldn't be using it.…Most of these are the digital counterparts…to printed swatch books.…The best known swatch books in the world…are from Pantone, and there are a bunch of those.…However, if you're in Japan, you may be using…the DIC color books…or maybe Toyo inks.…If you're in the newspaper business in North America,…you may be familiar with ANPA spot colors.…These HKS libraries are from Saturn or Jupiter, I think.…
No, not really. (laughs)…
- RGB vs. CMYK
- Spot colors vs. process colors
- Applying colors
- Converting spot colors
- Creating swatches
- Exploring color with the Color Picker, Color Theme tool, and Adobe Color
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
Graphic Design Foundations: Colorwith Mary Jane Begin1h 57m Beginner
1. First Things First: Understanding Color in InDesign
Spot color vs. process color2m 23s
2. Color Techniques
3. Creating Swatches
4. Exploring Color Interactively
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.