Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding bullets and numbers, part of Introducing InDesign.
- In this movie, I'll show you how…to automate the creation of bulleted and numbered lists.…Now, notice that I'm looking at page four of this document,…which contains this narrow column of type,…and it begins with this paragraph that ends with a colon,…which implies that everything below…that first paragraph is part of a list.…So, I'm going to double click on the text…with my selection tool to automatically switch…over to the type tool, and then I'll partially…select every paragraph but the first one,…because, after all, bulleted and numbered lists…are a paragraph level formatting…attribute here inside InDesign.…
Now, I'll zoom in a couple of clicks…by pressing control-plus, or command-plus…on a Mac, and I'll alt-drag my document on screen.…Next, make sure that you're seeing…your paragraph formatting controls…up here in the control panel, and then…notice these two icons right here.…The first one converts the selected paragraphs…into a bulleted list, and the second one…converts them into a numbered list.…Now, you can go ahead and accept…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.