Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding alt text to images, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
For good SEO and accessibility.…You'll want the images you export from InDesign…to have alt text attributes in their image tags.…InDesign does this for you by default.…But the alt text is typically not useful or…appropriate since it's merely the original image's file name.…You can customize the alt text for any and…all images you are exporting using InDesign's object export options.…Let's take a look at how that works.…In this file I have two images that I want to make sure that when…they're exported that the image tag in…the HTML includes an appropriate alt text attribute.…
Something that describes the image.…Now, obviously what's effective alt text for you is going to depend on the use…of the image, the content of the image, your SEO guidelines, any number of things.…But we're just…going to look at how you get alt text added to an image tag.…Not necessarily what the best alt text is going to be for any particular image.…I'll select this first image, then I'll go…to the Object menu and choose Object Export Options.…
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.