Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding HTML animation from Adobe Edge, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
InDesign has built in tools for animating content.…Unfortunately, the animations you can create with…these tools are based on Flash technology.…So, they won't work in most kinds of…interactive output or on mobile devices like iPad.…But you can use a separate application…called Adobe Edge Animate to create animations,…then bring them into InDesign and use them in Epubs and Adobe DPS projects.…So, let's take…a look at Adobe Edge Animate.…Adobe has created resources for learning Edge Animate including…sample files you can download and experiment with like these.…
Here's an interactive content rotator, a…game, an interactive infographic and another game.…Let's view the info graphic. So, when I mouse over a continent, I see…its name and I can click to view some data, all with some nice animations.…I'll close it and go back to the initial view.…Now, for an example, I've used the link above this page to download the…Infographic File, and I've opened it in Edge Animate.…
So, let's see how to publish this in a format…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Learning Digital Publishing (2012)with William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.