Learn about using the [None] option to add a nested style at the end, rather than the beginning, of a paragraph.
- [Instructor] Typically, nested styles are added…at the beginning of a paragraph,…but it's also possible to add them at the end.…A common example of this is adding an ornament,…or a solid square at the end of a story…to signify that the article is over.…I'm going to come to the end of the article,…and if we zoom in on the last paragraph,…we see that we have a solid square.…Let me delete that, and then I'm going to…come to the Paragraph Styles panel,…and put this back to the body style.…So now I'm going to create a new style…that will incorporate that end ornament.…
I'm going to base it on the body style,…so I'll hold Option or Alt, and click on Create New Style.…I'll call it body end.…Then come to Drop Caps and Nested Styles,…New Nested Style, now here's the trick here.…As I said, most of the time, the nested styles are applied…at the beginning of the paragraph.…Here, it's applied at the end, so first of all,…we need to apply None, None through…something, and that something is going to be an en space.…
I want to precede that end ornament with an en space.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.