Learn how to incorporate multiple nested styles into a paragraph style.
- [Instructor] We've seen how to nest…a single character style in a paragraph style.…Let's now see how we can nest several character styles.…I'm going to zoom in on this text at top-left.…In this paragraph, I have five different formats.…Bold all caps green, italic, regular,…semi-bold and then regular green.…On my paragraph styles panel,…we see that this is in a paragraph style…called 'name' and I am going to…remove the 'name' paragraph style…and I'm going to replace it with 'body'.…
Now I have my character styles,…the different components of this are already set up.…They are here on my character styles panel.…It's a question of nesting them appropriately…within the paragraph style.…I'm going to create a new paragraph style,…Option or Alt, click on 'create new style'…and that's going to create a new style, based on 'body'.…I'm going to call this 'name'…Before I get to the nested styles,…there's one other format that we need to insert…here that we lost when we deleted the original…and that's the 'keep' option.…
I'm going to come to 'keep options'…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.