Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessible PDFs, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
In recent years, there's been a growing awareness…of the importance of making digital documents accessible for…people with disabilities, but what exactly does accessibility…mean, and how do you create it with InDesign?…You may have heard the term Section 508 mentioned in relation to accessibility.…In 1998, the US federal government enacted a law commonly known as Section 508…that required federal agencies to make their…electronic documents accessible to people with disabilities.…The basic idea is that everyone, including those…with disabilities, has a right to access information.…
And that electronic documents should be made in…such a way that everyone can use them.…Many states, academic institutions, and other…countries adopted similar laws and policies.…Now there's nothing in Section 508 that…mandates private companies make their documents accessible.…But it's becoming common practice anyway because of the additional…benefits, which include higher search engine rankings and easier…cross media publishing to formats like HTML, XML, and ePub.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.