Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video 8. MultiPageImporter, part of InDesign CS4: 10 Free Must-Have Scripts.
A lot of InDesign users, especially print providers and service bureaus, need to…import PDF files into InDesign files so that page 1 of the PDF ends upon page 1…of the InDesign file, page 2 ends upon page 2 of the InDesign file and so on,…and that's not a big deal if it's only one or two pages, but if you had 50 pages…or 100 pages or more that you needed to get into your InDesign file,…that would be a major hassle.…So the good news is there are a couple of free scripts that let you do this.…One ships with InDesign and one a much better one you can download from the web.…
- Merging several text frames into a single story
- Setting keyboard shortcuts for launching scripts
- Turning multi-column text frames into individual frames to manipulate a layout
- Indexing files quickly and efficiently using character styles
- Importing, scaling, and positioning multi-page documents