Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video 6. Compose, part of InDesign CS4: 10 Free Must-Have Scripts.
Look I need to admit something to you. I'm an American. I know it's a surprise…but it's true. I'm an American. And being an American means that I just don't…know how to type certain characters. I mean the world is full of languages that…have all these really cool characters. You know Es with special accents on them…or Us with dots or As with rings and I just don't know how to type those…things. And that's a challenge when I'm in InDesign and I'm typesetting stuff…and sometimes I need to type those kinds of characters.…Well, fortunately, there is a free script called Compose by Peter Kahrel and it…is really neat because it helps me type those characters without me having to…learn too many special keyboard shortcuts.…
I have two examples of this text, one with accents and one without, and I want…to try and make this text look like that. But I don't know how to type those…characters like this O with umlaut. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going…to delete that O entirely and I'm going to double-click on compose.jsx.…
- Merging several text frames into a single story
- Setting keyboard shortcuts for launching scripts
- Turning multi-column text frames into individual frames to manipulate a layout
- Indexing files quickly and efficiently using character styles
- Importing, scaling, and positioning multi-page documents