Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video 5. Find Change By List, part of InDesign CS4: 10 Free Must-Have Scripts.
You already know how to find some text and change it to something else, right?…You just use the Find/Change dialog box. It's easy. But what if you had to do…10 or 20 or even 50 Find/Change queries in a row? That would be annoying and…some people have to do this to every document they open. It's horrible.…Fortunately there is a cool script that can automate all of that into one…double-click and it's called the FindChangeByList script. Here, let me show it…to you. I have got this MessyText document open and it has a bunch of messy text…in it. If I zoom in here you will see what I mean. A bunch of extra spaces here, …extra spaces at the end of a paragraph. If I scroll down here there is…extra spaces between paragraphs, extra tabs and so on.…
- Merging several text frames into a single story
- Setting keyboard shortcuts for launching scripts
- Turning multi-column text frames into individual frames to manipulate a layout
- Indexing files quickly and efficiently using character styles
- Importing, scaling, and positioning multi-page documents