Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video 3. Number Adjuster, part of InDesign CS4: 10 Free Must-Have Scripts.
This is my chocolate catalog and it has a lot of prices in it. For example down…here in the lower left corner we've got these organic chocolate bars, $5 or…4 for $17. But maybe I want to send this off to Europe and I want to change all…these prices to Euros instead of dollars. Well, it would be pretty tiresome…having to go through and change each one of these based on the daily exchange rate…one at a time, wouldn't it?…Wouldn't it be cool if there was some way to just tell InDesign, hey, would you…find all the prices and multiply them by the exchange rate? Well, InDesign…doesn't know today's exchange rate, in fact I don't even know today's exchange rate, …but with the help of a script we can tell InDesign to go through and make…all those multiplications for us. So the script is called number_adjuster and…it works like this. Double-click on it, it opens the Number Adjuster dialog box…and we can say what operation to perform. You can choose Addition, Subtraction,…Multiplication or Division.…
- Merging several text frames into a single story
- Setting keyboard shortcuts for launching scripts
- Turning multi-column text frames into individual frames to manipulate a layout
- Indexing files quickly and efficiently using character styles
- Importing, scaling, and positioning multi-page documents