Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Paragraph borders: Tips, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] I covered the basics of using the…new paragraph borders option in a previous video.…Essentially, it's a paragraphs attribute…so you click inside the paragraph…or drag through two ore more…and then go to the Control Panel menu,…choose Paragraph Borders and Shading…and set it up there.…Or you can include it in a paragraph style.…But there are a couple of options that we…didn't get to, and I want to clue you in about that.…Before I even show you those options though,…let me zoom in here to show you this other…thing that you should be aware of.…
Here is a regular paragraph.…Actually, let's switch to normal view.…There we go.…And I'm going to come over here and choose…Paragraph Borders and Shading…and turn on Border.…We'll accept the defaults.…It's remembering that I had an offset here…which is fine.…Click Okay.…And this is the thing I want to mention,…is that the border does not obey text wrap.…
This object here has a text wrap…that's pretty wide.…And though the text is obeying it, the border…is going all the way to the column…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.