Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Paragraph borders: Basics, part of InDesign CC 2018 New Features.
- [Instructor] In InDesign CC 2015…they introduced shaded paragraphs,…as you can see here in the left part of this spread.…Let me zoom in a bit.…This is actually a setting for the paragraph,…it's not a gray square behind it.…So I can edit the paragraph…and the gray grows with it, right?…That's kind of cool.…What they've added in CC 2018 is the ability to apply…borders around a paragraph…just like you can do with shading.…That's what I want to talk about in this video.…
Let me scroll up a bit to this paragraph…and zoom in more so we can see it better.…Here we have just a regular paragraph.…Now where is paragraph shading?…In the same place as paragraph borders.…I'm actually going to move this over a little bit…so we can do the preview dance easier.…Right down here in the control panel menu,…paragraph borders and shading,…I open it up and let's turn on border.…Wow, you saw that?…No, of course not.…We have to remember to turn on preview.…
Why preview isn't turned on…by default in every dialogue box, I don't know.…These are the default settings…
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.