Join David Blatner for an in-depth discussion in this video 10. Make Grid, part of InDesign CS4: 10 Free Must-Have Scripts.
InDesign ships with a bunch of really cool scripts. There are like 20 or 25…scripts in its Scripts panel, inside that Samples folder and you should…definitely check them out. It's all kinds of good stuff in there, but I want to…tell you about one script in particular that you definitely have to try called Make Grid.…One of the reasons I like this script so much is that I was involved with…making of it. Here is the story. I was doing some training at this newspaper in…Eastern Washington, in Wenatchee, The Wenatchee World. So I was training them…and they were converting from QuarkXPress to InDesign.…They were complaining because in QuarkXPress they had this special plug-in or…this extension that would take a box in QuarkXPress and break it down into lots…of little tiny boxes in a grid and they wanted to know if there was anything…like that for InDesign. I said, I'm sorry. I don't think there is. I have never…seen that, but I went home and I thought about it and I e-mailed my co-author…on my book Real World InDesign. All right, so I e-mail him.…
- Merging several text frames into a single story
- Setting keyboard shortcuts for launching scripts
- Turning multi-column text frames into individual frames to manipulate a layout
- Indexing files quickly and efficiently using character styles
- Importing, scaling, and positioning multi-page documents