InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad
In InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad, author Anne-Marie Concepción shows publishers and designers how to use the software they already use to create print books and apply it to the emerging ebook market. The course shows how to prepare existing InDesign files for optimal EPUB and Kindle conversion, as well as how to design new projects for a dual print/ebook output, and apply professional text formatting, add links, and include search engine-friendly metadata. Instructions are also included for validating EPUB and Kindle files and setting up accounts at the major ebook distribution channels, including the Apple iBookstore, as well as selling ebooks directly to readers. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Understanding ebooks and ebook publishing
- Examining the EPUB format
- Creating linked navigational TOCs
- Formatting with paragraph, character, and object styles
- Optimizing graphics for the EPUB and Kindle formats
- Streamlining production with free InDesign scripts and plug-ins
- Creating drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps in the EPUB
- Reviewing best practices for book cover images
- Using cross-platform EPUB editors and utilities
- Validating EPUBs
- Proofing ebooks in iBooks, the Kindle, and the B&N Nook
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Hi! I'm Anne-Marie Concepcion and this is InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and the iPad. This course covers the complete ebook workflow for getting your InDesign contents into a number of devices and EPUB reading software. From determining which format you're planning on using then setting up the original InDesign file to make it EPUB friendly, to tinkering with the final EPUB in a variety of utilities like Sigil and oXygen Author, to putting the final file out there for publication through Amazon's Kindle, Apple's iBookstore, and plenty of third-party sites and options.
I'll show you some specifics like setting up the images and other graphics for best presentation in an EPUB, adding and editing metadata to your files, and even building custom TOCs and covers for your final presentation. ebook publishing is a great way to get your work to your waiting audience. So let's get started with InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle and iPad.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: There is a problem with preptext.jsx mentioned in this course in the Chapter 4 movie named "Applying paragraph and character styles". Is there a fix or does Anne-Marie address this somewhere?
- A: Please refer to the post on Anne-Marie's web site regarding this issue, which can be found at http://indesignsecrets.com/perfectpreptext-a-smart-way-to-style-local-formatting.php.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Deke's Techniques1,441,429 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,873,565 Views
Muse Essential Training1,411,185 Views
InDesign Secrets1,436,699 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,538,462 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,926,247 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2015)1,332,475 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,021,999 Views