- View Offline
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello, I'm James Fritz and welcome to InDesign CS5 Interactive Documents and presentations. Like most designers, I've been overwhelmed by the demand of learning new software and techniques. If you have been struggling with the design limitations of presentation software, like PowerPoint or Keynote, or been confused by the complexities of creating interactive documents with Flash, this is the course for you. We'll be using InDesign with Acrobat Pro and Flash Professional to create a series of projects including a presentation, a microsite and an interactive catalog.
The beginning of this series is a little different than most. It includes a few examples of what kinds of digital documents are being produced right now with InDesign. I'll walk you through all the steps needed to create a compelling presentation, with animated introductions, a custom navigation system and page transitions. Next, I'll teach you how to build a microsite with navigation buttons, sound hot spots, (bees buzzing) and interactive maps. Finally, I'll pass along a lot of tips throughout the course. Tips that will help you create and edit your digital documents just as easily as you work with print documents.
Our future is digital. It's time to get on board and build and amazing design project. Let's take a look at InDesign CS5 Interactive Documents and Presentations.