InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations
In InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations, Adobe Certified Instructor and designer James Fritz shows print designers how to use InDesign by itself and in conjunction Flash Professional to layout and design a wide range of digital documents. The course provides a tour of digital publishing trends, showing real-world examples of what can be achieved through InDesign. Several start-to-finish projects are also included, such as creating a presentation with transitions and animations, and building an interactive microsite. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Hello, I am James Fritz, and welcome to InDesign CS5 Interactive Documents and Presentations. Like most designers, I have been overwhelmed by the demands of learning new software and techniques. If you have been struggling with the design limitations of presentation software--like PowerPoint or Keynote-- or been confused by the complexities of creating interactive documents with Flash, this is the course for you. We'll be using InDesign with Acrobat Pro and Flash Professional to create a series of projects, including a presentation, a micro site, and an interactive catalog.
The beginning of the series is a little different than most. It includes a few examples of what kinds of digital documents are being produced right now with InDesign. I will walk you through all the steps needed to create a compelling presentation, with animated introductions, a custom navigation system, and page transitions. Next, I'll teach you how to build a micro site with navigation buttons, sound hotspots, (Bees buzzing.) and interactive maps. Finally, I'll pass along a lot of tips throughout the course, tips that will help you create and edit your digital documents just as easily as you work with print documents.
Our future is digital. It's time to get onboard and build an amazing design project. Let's take a look at InDesign CS5 Interactive Documents and Presentations.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I am having trouble creating a YouTube-linked video to play on a page in SWF or interactive PDF. I've followed the tutorial, but I keep getting a message that the video should be Flash compliant. How do I link directly to a YouTube video?
- A: It is not possible to link directly to a YouTube video through copy and pasting the URL on the page. In order to link to the video, you need the exact link to the .flv video file.
- Are the source files for the interactive publication Born Presents still available? www.adobe.com/products/indesign/customers doesn't seem to be working.
- Unfortunately, the content is no longer available on Adobe's site. However, the files are currently available at http://download.macromedia.com/pub/indesign/born_bookpreview_source.zip.
The author also posted an article related to the project at http://indesignsecrets.com/born-presents-interactive-publication-with-source-files.php.
- Q: When I add audio to my multi-page project and export it as a PDF, why doesn't the music play past the first page?
- A: Unfortunately, there is no way to have an MP3 play across multiple pages of a PDF. It looks like you could because of the wording of the Media panel when you have an MP3 selected, but that isn't the case. You can have an MP3 play across pages of a SWF, which is why that option exists.
This is an inconvenience, but we're not aware of a way around this limitation inside a PDF. You could try making one really big PDF and have buttons jump to another part of the page (using anchors), but every one would have to be on 1 page.
- Q: Why does an ugly gray box appear when the audio is played. The author keeps the audio on the pasteboard, which for me, does not play the audio at all when exported. It only plays when on the page.
- A: If you are seeing a gray box, make sure that you have set a poster for the audio file. Select the frame and open the Media panel, where you can select your own raster image as a poster frame or just leave it as none. You could also check to see if your frame has a fill applied to it, since there is a chance you could have accidentally applied an
object style or a fill.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
InDesign Secrets1,432,467 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2015)1,311,998 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,249,919 Views
InDesign CS6 Essential Training3,464,308 Views