InDesign CS5: Dynamic Publishing Workflows in XML
In InDesign CS5: Dynamic Publishing Workflows in XML, Jim Maivald explores how XML tools can enhance the page design process in InDesign. This course covers using the Structure pane and Tags panel, understanding and writing code for integration into InDesign and external editors, and ultimately, adding dynamic content to pages with XML. The skills learned in this course will be applied directly to two real-world projects that are included in the final chapters: building a product sheet and a longer book. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Understanding XML terminology
- Identifying XML elements, attributes, and comments
- Adding, moving, and deleting elements
- Tagging and styling
- Creating tables with XML
- Building frame and flow layouts
- Ordering with XSLT
- Using the Document Type Definition in an XML workflow
- Hi! I'm Jim Maivald and this is InDesign CS5: Dynamic Publishing Workflows in XML. XML is being used everywhere these days. On the web, in print, on your cellphone. It can also be used to assist designers moving content rapidly from one application to another. Being able to use the XML tools in InDesign CS5 will not only help you work faster and more efficiently, it will make you more valuable to your employer as well. In this course we'll explore the world of XML and I'll explain the basics of the technology in plain English and show you specifically how you can use this information to make yourself a better designer or production editor.
I'll walk you through InDesign's XML interface, the Structure pane and the Tags panel to show you how well this current version of InDesign works with XML-based documents. If you already work with XML files, I'll teach you how to use XML to populate your layouts with text, pictures and even table data, with just the click of the mouse. And I'll take you through a couple of projects, real world examples of XML and InDesign working hand-in-hand. Some people worry about learning a new language, but I'll show you how a few simple tricks can help you produce hours of work in just a few minutes.
So let's get started with InDesign CS5: Dynamic Publishing Workflows in XML.
Creating Composites in Photoshop113,760 Views
Up and Running with Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Edge and Note 455,615 Views
Up and Running with PowerPoint 2010249,771 Views
Up and Running with MapGuide Open Source12,912 Views
Illustrator Insider Training: Seeing Through Transparency116,956 Views
Muse Essential Training1,472,030 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,914,987 Views
InDesign Secrets1,519,557 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views