- View Offline
- Understanding facing pages versus non-facing pages
- Creating a gatefold layout
- Loading and embedding profiles
- Understanding overprint vs. knockout
- Understanding mixed inks and registration
- Setting up multiple versions of a document with conditional text and GREP
- Avoiding common font problems
- Understanding RGB and CMYK
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm James Wamser. InDesign has so many features for both the pre-press and creative professional, but the question is, are you taking advantage of all of them? In this course, we will take a look at how to create documents correctly for commercial printing, saving you both time and money. We will also look at how to use multiple page-sizes when creating documents with various folds in mind, along with perfect bound catalogs and magazines. I will show you how to create PDFs based on industry standards and the differences between the settings.
Live Preflight can prevent costly mistakes if you have all the correct settings in place. We will look at how to create, import, and export Preflight settings. I've been working in the commercial printing industry for over twenty years and teaching InDesign to pre-press and creative professionals since Version 1.0. So if you're ready, let's get started with InDesign CS5, Print Production Guidelines.