InDesign CS5: Print Production Guidelines
InDesign CS5: Print Production Guidelines goes over the common issues that arise when preparing InDesign documents for printing and shows how to tweak PDF and document settings to ensure the perfect print. The course shows how to avoid mistakes by preparing documents correctly upfront, covering document construction, layout, ink management settings, and output options. Prepress processes in Acrobat are also covered, including accurate soft proofing and packaging in the PDF/X formats. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Understanding facing pages versus non-facing pages
- Creating a gatefold layout
- Loading and embedding profiles
- Understanding overprint vs. knockout
- Understanding mixed inks and registration
- Setting up multiple versions of a document with conditional text and GREP
- Avoiding common font problems
- Understanding RGB and CMYK
- Hi, I'm James Wamser. InDesign has so many features for both the pre-press and creative professional, but the question is, are you taking advantage of all of them? In this course, we will take a look at how to create documents correctly for commercial printing, saving you both time and money. We will also look at how to use multiple page-sizes when creating documents with various folds in mind, along with perfect bound catalogs and magazines. I will show you how to create PDFs based on industry standards and the differences between the settings.
Live Preflight can prevent costly mistakes if you have all the correct settings in place. We will look at how to create, import, and export Preflight settings. I've been working in the commercial printing industry for over twenty years and teaching InDesign to pre-press and creative professionals since Version 1.0. So if you're ready, let's get started with InDesign CS5, Print Production Guidelines.
Print Production Essentials: Prepress and Press Checks81,829 Views
InDesign: 10 Things to Know About GREP61,253 Views
InDesign Tables In Depth (2012)242,416 Views
InDesign CS4 Beyond the Basics441,686 Views
Print Production Essentials: Spot Colors and Varnish144,706 Views
InDesign Secrets1,515,725 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,912,634 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Muse Essential Training1,469,007 Views