InDesign CS4 Essential Training
InDesign is an essential tool for design firms, ad agencies, magazines, newspapers, book publishers, and freelance designers around the world. InDesign CS4 Essential Training presents a thorough explanation of the core features and techniques that make this powerful page layout application fun and easy to use, providing a foundation upon which advanced skills and workflows can be built. David Blatner shows how to navigate and customize the workspace, manage documents and pages, work with text frames and graphics, export and print finished documents, and much more. Example files accompany the course.
- Adjusting layouts and master pages
- Working with InDesign CS3 files and snippets
- Formatting objects, characters, and paragraphs
- Using the Story Editor
- Learning keystroke commands for important actions
- Understanding color and separations
- Using the Preflight and Package features to ensure successful printing
- [David] Hi there my name is David Blatner and if you have any interest in putting text and graphics on a page, I'd like to tell you about Adobe InDesign CS4. (lighthearted music) Actually what I really wanna do is tell you a lot about InDesign. I love InDesign! Now InDesign is a hide end professional design and layout tool used by most graphic designers, magazine publishers, book publishers, newspapers, and ad agencies around the world, but the good news is it's not that hard to learn.
Now my InDesign essential training title covers everything you need to know to get up and running with InDesign. For example, I'm going to teach you how to create a new document and build strong and flexible master pages which can really speed up laying out your file. I'll talk about best practices for importing text and graphics including Photoshop, Illustrator, and even Microsoft Word and Excel documents. I'll discuss printing and exporting your documents to reliable PDF files and I'm going to teach you the most important keyboard shortcuts and techniques for not just getting the job done but getting it done efficiently.
InDesign is so rich and deep that every feature relates to every other feature. That's why I recommend that you watch the essential training title once all the way through and then go back and watch specific videos when you need to review. Plus, as with all the other lynda.com courses, you have the power at your finger tips to stop, start, and review the movies as many times as you want as well as having access to these lessons 24/7. Now come with me on an amazing journey through the essentials of my favorite page layout program, Adobe InDesign CS4.
Final Cut Pro X Guru: Organizing Assets47,861 Views
Illustrator CS3 Essential Training1,670,242 Views
AutoCAD 2009 Essential Training200,192 Views
Final Cut Studio 2: Chroma Keying101,594 Views
Winning Back a Lost Customer19,066 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,912,634 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views