InDesign Tables In Depth (2012)
This course explores the powerful but occasionally mysterious table features in InDesign, illustrating how they can be used efficiently and to their best advantage. Author Diane Burns demonstrates how to set up a table, format it using Table commands, and capture that formatting in table styles as well as how to work with images and update the information in tables without losing formatting. The course also shows how to use tables that don't look like tables to offer solutions to layout problems, like setting up images and captions or simplifying complex text frames.
- Navigating and selecting tables
- Positioning tables
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Adding header and footer rows, fills, strokes, and borders
- Dealing with overset text
- Applying cell and table styles
- Using tables to streamline graphic design work
- Creating infographics with tables
- Creating pull quotes and design objects using tables
- Exporting tables to EPUB and HTML
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Diane Burns, and welcome to InDesign Tables In Depth. In this course, I'll be sharing with you all the tips and techniques you'll need to build really great looking tables for your InDesign layouts. We'll start by taking a look at the fundamentals of the tables as well as simple table and cell formatting to get you started on the right foot. Then we'll go through ways to make your tables work better for you, how to link to files to automatically update them, how to place images in cells. Finally, we'll look at some ways to think differently about tables in InDesign, how you can use table features to make your layouts easier to build and maintain just by thinking a little outside the box.
I'm hoping you'll end up being just as excited about InDesign tables as I am. So let's dive right in to InDesign Tables In Depth.
InDesign Insider Training: Beyond the Essentials230,906 Views
InDesign CS6 New Features239,778 Views
Creating Long Documents with InDesign CC118,810 Views
InDesign: 10 Things to Know About GREP59,398 Views
InDesign: 2013 Creative Cloud Updates84,779 Views
InDesign Secrets1,432,467 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2015)1,311,998 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
InDesign CS6 Essential Training3,464,308 Views