Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Adding text and design elements
- Adding texture with a Photoshop brush
- Creating a proof
- Adding stylized headers
- Designing menu inserts
- Placing and cleaning up text
- Creating a template
- Adding a textured background
- Preparing a menu for print
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, Im Nigel French. Welcome to Designing a Restaurant Menu. An attractive and functional menu is essential for the success of any restaurant or cafe. In this course, we'll be using a real world project to create a cafe menu that is readable, elegant, and this is important, affordable and easy to update and produce. We'll look at three possible design solutions, ultimately coming up with three very different menus. Most of our work will be done in Adobe InDesign, but we'll also be using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
For each design solution, we'll consider the following important factors: size, format, folding, color scheme, type-face choice, the use of texture, and the choice of paper. So let's get started.