- View Offline
- Customizing keyboard shortcuts to shave off hours of work
- Cleaning up and styling imported text quickly
- Getting InDesign to do the math
- Troubleshooting problem documents
- Changing preference for maximum effectiveness
- Changing page size with Layout Adjustment
Skill Level Beginner
- I've been using InDesign for a decade, but I'm still finding new techniques to make my workflow more efficient. (bouncy music) Hi, I'm David Blatner the co-author of Real World InDesign, the co-host of InDesignSecrets.com, and the editorial director of InDesign Magazine. I also present the InDesign Essential Training and Beyond the Basic titles here at lynda.com. In this title, I've collected ten tips that are essential to every InDesign user, and so I dub this title InDesign 10 Essential Tips.
In the upcoming movies, I'm going to let you in on the most important keyboard shortcuts and how you can customize them to shave off hours of work from your project. I'll show you techniques that InDesign masters use everyday to clean up imported text and style it quickly. And we'll explore undocumented secrets that help you set up this powerhouse program for maximum efficiency. As I travel around the world, I find that even advanced users don't know a lot of these tips. So my guess is, that at least a few of these little jewels are gonna surprise you. Let's find out.