The fundamental element that is used in an InCopy Workflow is a story. A story can be a small text element like a caption or a significantly larger text element such as an article. It's important to understand what a story is, so check out this video to learn about this important element of the InCopy workflow.
- [Instructor] A story is the fundamental…component of the InCopy workflow.…It can be either text or a photo,…but most commonly it's text.…Think of a story as a text frame…or a threaded set of text frames.…Let's take a look at a few examples here.…I have the story.indd file open…here in InDesign for demonstration purposes.…And I'm showing you this inside of InDesign…because it's easier for me to show you…the frame component of the stories,…and it's also often where a story…is going to originate.…
It doesn't have to originate in InDeisgn,…but it can.…And on page 20 and 21,…I'm going to click on this frame on the left-hand page.…Now, what I want to show you here…is that this is one single text frame,…and I'm even going to come up here…and choose View, Extras,…Show Text Threads,…just so you can see that the text in this frame…is flowing into this second text frame.…And if I grab my Type tool,…and I start selecting this text,…you can see that this is flowing…from the first frame all the way over…into the second frame.…
This is one single story.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.