Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using conditional text, part of Creating Long Documents with InDesign.
Conditional text is a feature that allows you to make customized additions of a…document by tagging text and then anchor graphics with conditions.…Then you can show or hide conditions before you output to create the custom…versions of your documents.…For example, you could keep both a student and a teacher's edition of a…textbook in a single file.…Let's see how it works.…You can find the Conditional Text panel under Window > Type & Tables >…Conditional Text, and that opens this panel here.…When you start out, the only condition in it is the default, Unconditional, which…means that no condition has been applied.…
All the text in this document right now is unconditional.…You can use the panel menu to load conditions from other documents, or you…can create them from scratch by clicking on the New Condition button at the…bottom of the panel.…Hold down the Command or Ctrl key when you click to get a dialog box where you…can name the condition and set up the appearance of the Condition Indicator,…
- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 31m Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.