Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Mini Bridge, part of Creating Long Documents with InDesign.
In order to build your long documents, you are going to have to pull content…like Photoshop files and Illustrator files into your layouts.…And quite often you'll have to get content out of your layouts as well, to share it…with your coworkers.…The Mini Bridge panel helps you to be super efficient in this regard because it…allows you to preview content, place it into your layout, and even save content…out of your layout as snippets, all without leaving InDesign. Let's see how it works.…So we can open Mini Bridge, like any other panel, by choosing Window > Mini Bridge,…and it opens up, and I can see at the top…I have buttons to go forward and backward to navigate through different views.…
I can see my recent items, I can go Home, or I can click Browse.…I have a button to go to the full Bridge application.…I have buttons to change the views I have in Mini Bridge, and I can search …for items specifically.…There is also a breadcrumb trail here that I can click on to navigate, and a…little pop-up menu also to navigate to different folders.…
- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 31m Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.