This video explains how users can see how their textual content fits within the defined area of the layout.
- [Narrator] One of the significant features…provided by InCopy is the ability to edit text…to fit a given area.…Using the copy-fit progress feature in InCopy,…you can see how far over or under you are…based on the layout or assignment that you're working in.…Let's take a look at the copy-fit progress feature…inside of InCopy.…Now I'm going to choose File, Open in InCopy…and I'm going to navigate to my 04 02 folder,…and I'm going to open the copyfit.indd file.…
Now any frame that you work with,…or any story that you work with,…once it's placed in a layout or an assignment,…you're going to have the ability to see copy-fit progress.…Now the copy-fit progress is going to be located…right down here at the bottom of your screen by default.…Now I'm actually clicked inside…of the Controlling Weeds story,…and I'll zoom in to make that a little bit easier…to see here, but if you click inside of say, this story,…you'll notice that the copy-fit progress updates…to reflect the fitting of that particular story.…
And if I were to go even further to this caption,…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.