In a collaborative workflow, changes are constantly being made by both design and editing users. Because of this, it's important that users always update documents whenever a change is made to ensure that what they are seeing on screen contains the most up-to-date changes in the document. See how easy it is to do this in this video.
- [Voiceover] In a collaborative workflow,…it's important that content and design is always updated…to ensure that all parties in the workflow…are seeing the latest information.…I'm going to walk you through the process of…updating both content and design elements…to ensure that this happens.…Now, I'm beginning this video with…the Update Documents.indd file open inside of InDesign,…and for this video I'm going to be working out of…my exercise files folder, not on the server,…although in a collaborative workflow,…it's important that you would be working on the server.…
Now, the first thing I'm going to do is…I'm going to go ahead and make an adjustment to…the text in this document,…so I'm going to click in this frame here…and I'm going to check out that story,…and I'm going to add some text,…so I'm going to type in here Xeriscaping…and you'll notice at this point in time…that everything just kind of disappeared,…and this is a really good time…to bring up what's happening here,…and this could happen in both InDesign or InCopy…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.