Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Synchronizing book documents, part of Creating Long Documents with InDesign.
When you're working with long documents you will often spend a lot of time…and effort making sure things are consistent and to spec across all the files in your project.…You can take a lot of the effort out of making styles, swatches, and other…document settings consistent by synchronizing them via the Book panel.…The first thing to know about synchronizing documents in the Book panel is that…one document is designated as the master document or the style source.…In this book it's the Cheese_01 document here, and I can see that it's the style…source by the icon on the left-hand side.…You can broadcast this document's styles and other settings into all of the other…documents in the book, or just specific ones.…
You can have only one style source at a time in a book, but you can easily…change which document is the style source.…You just click in this column to change it.…Now Cheese_03 would be the style source for the book.…It's almost too easy to change the style source, and there's no way to lock it to one document.…
- Using text variables
- Creating templates for InDesign, InCopy, and Word
- Employing nested styles
- Creating GREP styles
- Managing color with swatches
- Building page elements with libraries and snippets
- Performing GREP find/changes
- Using InCopy workflows
- Tracking changes
- Adding footnotes and indexes
- Using InDesign book files
- Versioning documents with conditional text or object styles
- Preflighting documents
- Archiving a project
- Finding and installing useful scripts and plug-ins for frequent challenges
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 31m Intermediate
1. Document Construction
3. Using Styles
4. Building and Revising Layouts
6. Long-Doc Infrastructure
8. Working With InDesign Books
9. Customizing Long Documents
10. Outputting Long Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.