Because Adobe InCopy is designed as a collaborative tool where several users can work on a document at the same time, it's important that each user in the workflow be identified with a unique username. Learn how to specify the username and other properties in this video.
- [Instructor] Because the InCopy workflow creates…an environment where users can work collaboratively…on a project,…each user in the workflow needs to be uniquely identified…with a user name.…This applies to both InDesign users…and InCopy users.…A unique user name allows all users in the workflow…to identify who is working on a file…at any given point in time.…Now, I already have InCopy open on my machine…and this is going to apply to both Mac and Windows users.…
Now you really can't do much in InCopy…without defining a user name,…so I'm going to show you a couple ways where InCopy…is going to let you know you've got to create a user name…and then I'll show you where to go in the InCopy interface…to define one.…So I'm going to go ahead and go to the File menu…and choose New,…and I'll just leave these settings at their default…and I'm going to click OK.…Now if we want to,…we can enter some content in here.…I'm just going to type in here,…This is my first story,…and then I'm going to go to File…and choose Save Content.…
- Customizing the Galley and Story views
- Navigating a document
- Saving a workspace
- Creating a story in Adobe InDesign
- Creating a story in Adobe InCopy
- Formatting text and using styles
- Transitioning content from Microsoft Word into InCopy
- Moving content from InDesign to InCopy
- Creating and editing tables
- Using Track Changes
- Creating text macros
- Working with graphics in InCopy
- Exporting to PDF
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. Get Familiar with InCopy
2. Initiate Your Workflow
3. Work within the InDesign/InCopy Workflow
4. Work within InCopy
5. Export and Print
Next steps and resources1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.